We had a great turnout for the Family Reunion and it looks like everyone enjoyed the visit. A big thanks go out to Linda, Vicki, Kaye, Faye and Tim for the food and preparations! Please use the comments section to let everyone know how much you enjoyed the day (hint: click on the blue text, “Leave a comment” under the title of this post or scroll down if you’re already viewing this post and fill in your comment in the “Leave a Reply” box). I want to especially encourage everyone to use our private site (this one) in lieu of Facebook, since many of the family are not Facebook members.
For those who’ve responded to Faye via FaceBook (you know who you are), she’s worked out a reservation for 30 at Shucks at 6:30p on Friday night. This will allow the early arrivals to get a head start on the reunion.
Catering has been finalized for the reunion with Chef Bobby and Dot of Kaplan. Contributions to cover this cost are still being accepted. Menu is
- Roast Pig provided and cooked by Jim, Tim, Wade and Ruth Hebert
- Rice Dressing
- Pork and Sausage Jambalaya
- Cole Slaw
- Corn Maque Choux
- Green Bean Casserole
- Chocolate and Vanilla Sheet Cakes
- Fruit trays
We will provide soft drinks and water on ice along with some homemade root beer (hooray Zatarains!).
Please bring your own adult beverages. I’ve heard rumblings of a daiquiri machine but this is unconfirmed
The reunion is next Saturday!
I’m updating the attendance, so you can see who’s coming… should be done by tonight.
Also, there’s a dinner being arranged for Friday night for those arriving early. I’ll post details here as soon as they’re available.
As far as reunion details, I know this much:
- Tim (Wade’s son) is roasting a pig,
- Catering by Chef Bobby & Dot of Kaplan: Rice Dressing, Pork and Sausage Jambalaya, Cole Slaw, Corn Maque Choux, Green Bean Casserole, Chocolate and Vanilla Sheet Cakes, Fruit trays
- Water, soft drinks and homemade root beer will be provided (BYOB)
- Vicki (Harris’s daughter) is bringing a printed family tree for updates… in the meantime, you can update our online family tree here.
It’s been 21 years since the last reunion, so we’re long overdue. For details, see the Hebert Reunion 2014 event on the right sidebar (you must login first).