For those who’ve responded to Faye via FaceBook (you know who you are), she’s worked out a reservation for 30 at Shucks at 6:30p on Friday night. This will allow the early arrivals to get a head start on the reunion.
Catering has been finalized for the reunion with Chef Bobby and Dot of Kaplan. Contributions to cover this cost are still being accepted. Menu is
- Roast Pig provided and cooked by Jim, Tim, Wade and Ruth Hebert
- Rice Dressing
- Pork and Sausage Jambalaya
- Cole Slaw
- Corn Maque Choux
- Green Bean Casserole
- Chocolate and Vanilla Sheet Cakes
- Fruit trays
We will provide soft drinks and water on ice along with some homemade root beer (hooray Zatarains!).
Please bring your own adult beverages. I’ve heard rumblings of a daiquiri machine but this is unconfirmed
The reunion is next Saturday!
I’m updating the attendance, so you can see who’s coming… should be done by tonight.
Also, there’s a dinner being arranged for Friday night for those arriving early. I’ll post details here as soon as they’re available.
As far as reunion details, I know this much:
- Tim (Wade’s son) is roasting a pig,
- Catering by Chef Bobby & Dot of Kaplan: Rice Dressing, Pork and Sausage Jambalaya, Cole Slaw, Corn Maque Choux, Green Bean Casserole, Chocolate and Vanilla Sheet Cakes, Fruit trays
- Water, soft drinks and homemade root beer will be provided (BYOB)
- Vicki (Harris’s daughter) is bringing a printed family tree for updates… in the meantime, you can update our online family tree here.